LEGALLY SPEAKINGbySally A.HoelzelAttorney at LawPATERNITYA child born to an unmarriedwoman is a non-marital"child. At the time of birththat child has only one legalparent the mother. Thebiological father of the childhas no legal rights unless anduntil paternity is establishedPaternity can be establishedvia a Voluntary PatemityAcknowledgment (VPA).AVPAis a sworn document signedby both parents attesting thatthe man is the father of thechild. A VPA establishes legalpaternity but does not confercustody or placement rightsor a financial obligation uponthe father. Court action isnecessary for those orders.The other way to establishpaternity is through a formalpaternity action in court. Apaternity action will addresscustody, placement, childsupport, and other issuesRemember, without apaternity action, the fatherof a non-marital child has nolegal rights. The attorneys atPruitt Law Offices S.C. areexperienced in representingboth mothers and fathersin paternity actions. Callus at 262-633-8301 fora consultation. Pruitt LawOffices S.C., 731 Main Street.Your partners for

Date: January 24, 2018

Expired Ad

This ad expired on
February 23, 2018 (177 days ago)

Pruitt Law Offices

Legal / Attorneys

Call (262) 633-8301
Get directions to this
location on Google Maps.
Open website
in new tab.


LEGALLY SPEAKING by Sally A. Hoelzel Attorney at Law PATERNITY A child born to an unmarried woman is a non-marital" child. At the time of birth that child has only one legal parent the mother. The biological father of the child has no legal rights unless and until paternity is established Paternity can be established via a Voluntary Patemity Acknowledgment (VPA).AVPA is a sworn document signed by both parents attesting that the man is the father of the child. A VPA establishes legal paternity but does not confer custody or placement rights or a financial obligation upon the father. Court action is necessary for those orders. The other way to establish paternity is through a formal paternity action in court. A paternity action will address custody, placement, child support, and other issues Remember, without a paternity action, the father of a non-marital child has no legal rights. The attorneys at Pruitt Law Offices S.C. are experienced in representing both mothers and fathers in paternity actions. Call us at 262-633-8301 for a consultation. Pruitt Law Offices S.C., 731 Main Street. Your partners for professional service

Other Ads


Ads Widget


Widget URL

Embed Code

Embed these ads anywhere HTML code is accepted by pasting the snippet below.